FAQ for Current Students at U-M
- I am a graduate student at U-M. Can I explore the possibility of joining your lab?
Yes! Please feel free to email Prof. Yang to set up a meeting. A general rule for current MS students: we do not offer research assistantships to students unless they have spent a semester working in ICRL on a research project.
- I am an undergraduate student at U-M. Are there opportunities to participate in your research?
Yes! Please feel free to email Prof. Yang. Please include your CV and a brief statement of interest. Knowledge in human factors and EECS would be a plus.
FAQ for Prospective Students
- I am applying to the IOE PhD program. Do you have PhD positions?
Yes, typically we admit 1-2 of the most promising students annually. We are looking for strong, motivated PhD students from psychology and engineering disciplines (Industrial Engineering / Electrical Engineering & Computer Science / Mechanical Engineering / Civil Engineering / etc.). If you are interested, we encourage you to apply to the IOE PhD program. In particular, we recommend you select Human Factors/Ergonomics as your area of interest and mention Prof. Yang in your statement.
- I am applying to the Robotics PhD program. Can I join your lab?
Yes, we admit students from the Robotics program, especially if you are interested in human-robot interaction.
- I am applying to the IOE MS program. Can I join you and get a Research Assistant position in your lab?
There are research opportunities for MS students. Funding is possible but not guaranteed. A general rule for MS students: we do not offer research assistantships to students unless they have spent a semester working in ICRL on a research project.
- Do you have postdoc positions?
No, we have no postdoc positions currently.